|Life Events - Weddings|
|Monday, 13 September 2010 22:28|
Weddings - Your Special Day
Congratulations on your engagement.
Your wedding day is the beginning of your life together as husband and wife and we hope to help give you the best start possible!
We hope the following information will help you plan your special day.
* Why get married in Church?
A marriage service, wherever it is held, is a public declaration of your love and commitment to each other. If you choose to get married in church, there is an added dimension - you are declaring your love and commitment to God and inviting Him to bless your marriage.
Can we get married at St Peter's or All Saints' Church?
* You are entitled to be married in St Peter's or All Saints's church if one or both of you live in the parish.
or that one of you:
* Have at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months.
* Was baptised in the parish.
* Prepared for Confimation in the parish.
* Has at any time regularly gone to normal church services for a period of at least 6 months.
That one of your parents at any time after you were born:
* Lived in the parish for at least 6 months.
* Has regularly gone to normal church services for at least 6 months.
* That one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
For full details click onto www.cofe.anglican.org/lifeevents
Arrangements for weddings can be made during Office Hour on Tuesday evenings in St Peter's Church Vestry 6.00 pm - 7.00 pm.
For further information about your special day click onto the Church of England Web site www.cofe.anglican.org where you will find help in planning the service, choosing hymns, processional hymns, readings and prayers.